Skip to content Sitemap

Cordless power tool battery catches on fire

I plugged this fairly new battery into this DeWalt charger last week at my house. LUCKILY I remained home and smelled that the charger had over charged the battery and the battery caught on fire. It never would have dawned on me to worry about a battery in a charger. My recommendation… DO NOT leave any kind of battery unattended in a charger. If I had not been home, this could have been disastrous!!
I found this link on line and followed it and called DeWALT. They were aware of the problem and sent me a new charger and battery at no charge.
https://www.dewalt.com/support/safety-notices-and-recalls/2016/04/08/14/45/2000-cpsc-dewalt-industrial-tool-co-announce-recall-of-battery-chargers

Posted by: Bill Davis on November 29, 2018
Posted in: Uncategorized